Lemon cake with raspberries
Weight Watchers Recipe
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 35 min
Other time: 0 min
This light lemon cake is such a treat - and it's so quick to make too! Ideal for picnics, or simply served with a cup of tea!
Select "Post" to show off your original recipe and let others in the Community Recipe Swap try it for themselves. If you want to make this recipe available to only your Community friends, select "Save to my Profile."
This recipe cannot be posted due to an inappropriate word. Please edit
your recipe and post again.
Your recipe cannot be posted at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.
Oops! The Community is currently unavailable. Please check back later to post your recipe. We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
5 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray
3 medium (raw) Egg, whole, raw
75 g Caster Sugar
2 medium Lemon(s), use zest from both
75 g Plain White Flour, plain
1 pinch Salt
200 g Medium fat soft cheese
2 tablespoons 0% fat natural Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons (level) Lemon Curd
75 g Raspberries, thawed if frozen
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5/190°C/fan oven 170°C/375°F. Spray a 26x16cm or a 23cm (9 inch) square cake tin with low fat cooking spray and line with non-stick baking paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, caster sugar and half the lemon zest together using a hand-held electric mixer until very thick, light and airy. This will take about 5 minutes. Gently fold in the flour and salt using a large metal spoon. Spoon into the prepared tin and level the surface.
- Bake the cake for 10-12 minutes until risen and firm, yet slightly springy to touch. Cool in the tin on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then remove the cake and cool completely. Peel away the lining paper.
- Beat the low fat soft cheese with the yogurt, lemon curd and half the remaining lemon zest. Spread over the cooled cake, then top with the raspberries, squashing them down slightly into the topping. Sprinkle the remaining lemon zest on top. Cut into 8, then serve.
- Keep any remaining cake covered and refrigerated, though serve at room temperature.
This recipe is suitable for the Vegetarian and Higher Carb approach.
We're sorry, WeightWatchers.co.uk recipe reviews are not available at the moment. Please check back later.