How to make: easy vegetable soup
Homemade soup can tick the boxes for so many reasons. It’s easy to make, with very little preparation. And it’s a great way to boost your intake of Filling & Healthy vegetables to fill you up and keep you feeling satisfied. Enjoy this versatile soup for lunch, either at home, on the go, at work, or as a light starter option if you’re entertaining.
Whip up a batch of this simple soup for lunch, dinner or a snack in between meals.
It’s simple to make, zero ProPoints values and packed full of Filling & Healthy vegetables.
Easy vegetable soup
Makes 4 servings
ProPoints® value | 0 per serving
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- made with 2 stock cubes or 2 heaped tsp bouillon powder
- 500g chopped vegetables
- choosing from 3 of the following:
- red pepper
- parsnips and mushrooms
- Pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh herbs, to garnish
- Pour the vegetable stock into a large saucepan. Add all the chopped vegetables. Bring up to the boil, then cover and reduce the heat. Simmer for 20-30 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Test with the point of a sharp knife, to check.
- Puree the soup with a hand-held stick blender, or transfer to a liquidizer and blend until smooth. Taste the soup, adding salt and pepper to season.
- Serve each portion sprinkled with chopped fresh herbs and a little more ground black pepper.
Good vegetable combinations:
- Onion, leeks and mushrooms
- Leeks, broccoli and celery
- Onion, red pepper and butternut squash
- Carrots, onion and celery
- Cauliflower, onion and leeks
- Onion, carrots and parsnips